Preparing for a Winter Storm Event
Living in Pewaukee, Wisconsin you and your family have to be prepared for the wild weather that we experience- especially in our winter months! Winter storms including blizzards can bring extreme cold, freezing rain, snow, ice and high winds.
Things to consider:
- Check your tires and check tire pressure.
- Get a vehicle winter maintenance check-up.
- Keep your fuel tank full.
- Program your radio for traffic reports and emergency messages.
- Keep a basic winter survival kit in your vehicle: flashlight, batteries, phone charging bank, blanket, snacks, water, gloves, boots, first-aid kit.
- Load your car with winter travel gear: tire chains, ice scraper/snowbrush, jumper cables, road flares.
If you do end up stranded be sure to engage your flashers, call for help and wait in your car until the help arrives.